Thanks to Oracle
Oracle Application Express 5.2 will focus on both new features and enhancements to existing functionality, and it is planned to incorporate the following:
• Remote SQL Data Access – Extend common components such as Interactive Grids, Classic Reports and Charts to interface with data stored in remote databases using ORDS and REST.
• REST Service Consumption – Provide declarative methods to define references to external REST APIs and generic JSON data feeds and to use these references as data sources for Interactive Grids, Reports and Forms.
• Declarative App Features – Introduce a new Create App Wizard that allows for adding components and app features to new and existing applications
• Interactive Grid enhancements – Add additional reporting capabilities such as Group-By and Pivot, support for subscriptions and computations, flexible row height and general UI improvements.
• Page Designer – Provide client-side wizards for the creation of more complex components like Dynamic Actions, Forms and Shared Components, User interface improvements.
• New REST Workshop – Provide declarative methods to support the development of ORDS enabled REST web services, taking advantage of the latest features and functionality of ORDS.
• Packaged Applications – Improved framework and enhancements to the packaged applications