Senthil Murugan's Blog

Home » Uncategorized » Simple but not known to many people

Simple but not known to many people

safety info ( A minute of safety is better than six months of recovery)

This is a shocking episode that happened on 13th May 2011 in Pune. This may
be a good, useful lesson in safety for all of us to remember. I was talking
to someone I know, a person who is normally quite lively and chirpy but who
sounded rather down and depressed this morning. This is the story that I
heard, the reason behind the depression... A family friend had died due to
burns sustained in the kitchen.
The gas stove was on, cooking under process. The lady observed some
cockroaches near the sink and grabbed a can of insect repellent and sprayed
it..near the gas stove, which was on/burning. There was an explosion and in
no time the poor woman was covered in flames - sustained 65% burns. Her
husband rushed in, tried to douse the flames and his clothes too caught
fire. The husband is still in hospital, in the burns ward, still unaware
that his wife has succumbed, dead on arrival.

I've been trying to gather some information on the insect repellents such
as "Hit", "Mortein" etc. Are they inflammable? I guess they are, and the
nano-particles spread extremely rapidly. Did the poor lady realize the
hazard involved? Apparently not!

Spread the word around.... who knows you may save more than a life...

— Thanks to meyyappan

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: