After a long time (50+ installation tried), successfully installed form11g on 64 bit. Now steps are very simple but i am sure, there will be different ways of installation. Try the below too, if you need. (Thanks to GS, who has guided me for java installation).
- Use administrator rights for the user and do not provide computer name with special characters like hyphen or underscore
- Remove unwanted software and make sure that PATH environmental variable does not have “Program Files (x86)” during the installation
- Change the performance settings with virtual memory under my computer
- Setup hosts file under windows for the system (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc).
- Change user account control setting into low under action center – to avoid windows security issues
- install latest 32 bit JDK into c:\java32 and setup the JAVA_HOME = C:\java32 in environment variable
- install weblogic server using c:\java32\bin\java -jar wls1032_generic.jar (all setup.exe has to be under Compatibility of Windows XP-SP3 including win32 folder)
- install the JDeveloper if you want (required for creating web services)
- install forms (do not select configure) 32 bit version on middleware, oracle_home name is forms11g
- after installation open the folder (C:\Oracle\Middleware\forms11g\bin) and check the file msvcr71.dll. If not available copy it from other locations.
- Change the compatibility mode into XP-SP3 for setup.exe (C:\Oracle\Middleware\forms11g\oui\bin)
- configure the forms11g using config.bat (shortcut available under start menu)
- Provide username, password, domain name, instance name
- Remove (uncheck) all the items including clustered except forms and reports
- There should not be any error, if you get error, please contact me by email@example.com.
- After the installation, you can start forms11g
- Tnsnames.ora is available under instance/config name (eg. C:\Oracle\Middleware\fr_instance\config)
- formsweb.cfg is available under domain name (eg.C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\FormsReports\servers\WLS_FORMS\stage\formsapp\11.1.1\formsapp\config).
Wish you all the best & keep enjoying forms11g.
Note: oracle 8.0.5 installation file does not check the pre-requirements, now forms11g does not check the OS-32 bit or 64 bit/java bit version. Because of this, oracle has gained bad name from our forms developers for installation. Anyway learned thru hard way.